Early look

by Karen H. Brown on Thursday, June 2, 2011

I've got a new scanner! Horray! My sleep sched is messed up! I am very tirrzzzZZzZzzzzzz

If you don't read my Twitter or Tumblr (shame on you! shaaaame), you may not know that I'm working diligently on a comic. It's a retooled idea that I'd pitched for Crown Royale comics. Yes, yes that does mean that it's gonna be Yaoi! Right now I'm on the final revisions of the written draft and am in the middle of the character design phase.  I'm having a blast working on this reverse-gender fairytale, and am both giddy and nervous to get it down and release it to the wide, scary world. Like a mother pushing her baby bird out of the nest, and watching it plummet towards the cold, hard ground.

Uh.

Here's the first look at some of the character sketches. In this one, I was working on the facial features and some hairstyles for the Stepsister, who've I've called Jeanne. The hairstyle still needs to be decided, but I love her look.

More to come in the next few days!

ALL HAIL SCANNER GLORY zzzzzzzz

2 comments

SUPER EXCITE. I love the first and last faces the most, something about the tilted head and the low hair; those're my favourite hairstyles.

Also, her bitchin' eyebrows. =D

by Kim on June 2, 2011 at 10:11 PM. #

ITS ALL IN THE BROWS BABY

by Karen H. Brown on June 3, 2011 at 2:48 AM. #

Leave your comment