Whoops

by Karen H. Brown on Monday, September 20, 2010

I've been falling off the wagon, in terms on updating the blog. Bear with me, I'm still trying to get into the habit of updating on a regular sched!

Here's a few doodles out of my sketchbook: I've been watching a lot of Dragon Ball, the original series. I love Tien so much - he's the triclops of my dreams. He acts like such a dickhead - he went to dickhead school and everything! - but he just can't help but be a good guy.



Oh, and also, I don't get enough protien in my diet, so every so often I grab fistfuls of meat and shove them into my gob. I ought to do a better job of balancing my nutrition.


Finally, I've burnt my drawing hand! I was draining some potatoes while my mom was buzzing in my ear, and, in my annoyance, got careless. Splash! Scalding water all over my right hand. I've slathered the thing with polysporin, and bandaged it up. It's not a bad burn or anything, but it stings and I imagine the skin is going to peel like a bastard. Lucky, it was mostly in the palm and lower finger area, leaving the tips of my fingers unscathed, free for drawins.

And drawins I be doing! I'm going to have my first gallery showing this October, along with a group of Illustrators, at the Gladstone Hotel. Keep an eye peeled here for more info and process work.


Rock on!

2 comments

Congrats Karen I knew you could do it!!!

by Yien's Illustrations on September 20, 2010 at 10:03 PM. #

well done Karen :)
house for rent by owner

by For Rent By Owner on July 5, 2011 at 10:24 AM. #

Leave your comment